New Zealand Rugby League
The New Zealand Rugby League Museum
was opened at Rugby League House, 7 Beasley Avenue, Penrose,
Auckland in December 2007 and extended in late 2010.
It showcases items such as team and individual photos dating from
1907 through to today; scrapbooks of newspaper clippings; match and
test programs; trophies, and representative caps and jerseys - the
earliest of which dates from 1927.
The collection also includes the original signed contract for the
1907 All Golds, the first ever rugby league team to tour
- The museum is usually open on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays
from 11.00am until 3.00pm. If possible please phone before coming
as the Museum is used for meetings.
- Groups are very welcome. There is roadside parking
- The Museum Explorer Quiz is available to anyone young or old
who wishes to attempt it. It is proving especially popular with
groups of young people.
- Entry is $2 per person, please bring cash (or a cheque for
large groups) as we don't have Eftpos.
- Visits outside these times can be arranged by phoning Don
Hammond at the Museum on +64 9 571 3857 or by email on
Making Donations or Contributions to the
Don Hammond our Museum Curator is the
contact person for anyone wishing to donate money or items to